Saturday, May 14, 2011

Key Lime Smoothie....it's supposed to be green!

0 Comments

As most of you know, The D and I are on a green smoothie kick (one that will hopefully last for the rest of our lives). We make green smoothies at least 6 days a week, and sometimes we make them on the 7th day too. "Do you have recipes for said green smoothies?" some may ask. Alas, we do not. We make them up every day. Others wonder how to change their color so they do not resemble baby poo. Now we know what fruit combos we like, and how to change the color to a more appealing hue, but we're still experimenting. Today I created a recipe that I am quite excited to remember, so I am writing it here in our lil recipe blog.

My favorite aspect of this smoothie: it's supposed to be green! Yay!
My second favorite aspect of this smoothie: it kinda tastes like the filling of Key Lime Pie!

KEY LIME SMOOTHIE

2 kiwis (if you're using a Blendtec or VitaMix blender, you don't have to peel them)
1 medium orange
1 green pear
2 big handfuls of baby spinach
1 quarter of a lime (again, if you're using one of the above blenders, keep the peel on the lime)
1/4-1/3 c. of vanilla yogurt (I used Light n' Fit)
Some ice cubes...depending on what you want your consistency to be
1/2 cup to 1 cup of water, depending on what you want your consistency to be

Blend it all together, making sure that you get the rind of the lime completely liquified. Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment